Saturday, May 16, 2015

Review of The Entertainer Travel use on hotels and travels - Shangri La Muscat

So as mentioned previously, Daniel and I spent the weekend at Shangri-La al-Bandar hotel. To be honest, if it wasn't for the 'buy one night free one night' coupon, we wouldn't have bothered staying there. But since we had it, we thought, "huh. Why not?"

In order to use that coupon for the hotel, you are required to call the hotel and inform them the dates you want to stay at the hotel and inform them you want to use the coupon.
I remember calling them the first time on a Monday night about 9p.m and the conversation on the hotel reservation went like this:
Res: "Hi this is Shangri-La hotel reservation. How may I help you?"
Me: "Hi. I have this Entertainer coupon that I would like to use for this weekend. For the 16th to 18th April. May I know if you have any rooms available and how much it would cost for 2 adults?"
Res: "Oh with entertainer voucher Ma'am? Yes, you can use that. Let me check... Oh sorry ma'am we do not have a room for the 17th. How about if you come earlier or the day after maybe?"
Me: "Oh, I won't be around after that. It's ok then. Thanks"

Super disappointed as I really wanted to try out that hotel. So I was not satisfied enough with that answer, so I decided to try and call out the hotel again. With a different strategy.

Called up the next morning and made sure I had a different operator.

Res: "Hi this is Shangri-La hotel reservation. How may I help you?"
Me: "Hi. I was wondering if you have any rooms for this weekend, 16th to 18th? And please tell me how much it would be?"
Res: "Hi, yes let me check. Yes, there is a room available at both al-Bandar and al-Waha hotels here at Shangri-La. Which would you like? Al-Bandar costs OMR110 per night while al-Waha we only have the premium suite that will cost OMR320 per night"
Me: "Ok, I'll take al-Bandar then for both nights. Oh but I will be using the entertainer buy one night free one night voucher, so I'm guessing my second night will be free"
Res: "Yes ma'am. You're right."
Me: "Ok. I'd like that room please for those 2 nights"
*and so she took down my details*

So that night I checked booking.com. Strangely enough for 2 nights for 2 adults costs OMR146, so I was a bit weird out why it cost more on the phone. Daniel told me that that is normally the case, so I just let it be. Besides, I'm only charged OMR110 for both nights, so that sort of saved us OMR36.
We were given free breakfast for the first morning which was BLOODY AMAZING.

WAS.SUPER.WORTH.IT!
5 stars I swear.


No comments:

Post a Comment