Saturday, May 16, 2015

Review of The Entertainer Travel use on hotels and travels - Intercontinental Muscat

So, after the amazing experience Daniel and I had at Shangri-La al-Bandar hotel, Muscat with the use of 'buy one night free one night' voucher from Entertainer book (saving us OMR36 but oh well), we decided to try it out on Intercontinental hotel, Muscat voucher next.

Again, I used the same techniques of booking for the hotel on the phone, by asking the availability of the rooms and the price BEFORE mentioning you have the voucher.

So anyway, rooms was available and was told it would cost OMR110 (as there was 3 adults in the room). I was quite taken aback considering its the same price as Shangri-La, despite the location of Intercontinental not being as exquisite as the latter, but oh well, decided to try it out anyway.

So last Thursday (14th May) I decided to check in first before Daniel arrives Muscat. I went to the counter and told them my reservation, and was told BREAKFAST IS NOT INCLUDED. BECAUSE I USED THE VOUCHER.

I'm like WHAT THE HECK?! In booking.com it would cost OMR78 for 2 adults INCLUSIVE OF BREAKFAST. But apparently, BECAUSE I was using the voucher, it is NOT included. DESPITE ME PAYING FULL PRICE FOR THE FIRST NIGHT. I tried arguing, but no point really as they kept saying that 'it varies from hotel to another' and 'you should have checked first'. Yeah, my fault. I SHOULD HAVE CHECKED. If I knew, I would have booked Shangri-La to be honest.

So, BECAUSE I wanted breakfast for me and my guests, I had to pay OMR11 per person, per day. So that was OMR11*3 = OMR33. Thankfully my guest and I weren't too motivated to get breakfast for the second morning, so I only paid for one morning, thus totalling the hotel stay of OMR143. Which again, I emphasise, was NOT worth the use of the voucher.

Anyway that's when I started to think that this stupid entertainer travel voucher is NOT worth it for when you're using it on hotels. Yes, Shangri-La did save me OMR36, but it so did not save me any money for this Intercontinental.

For those planning on using this Entertainer Travel voucher, just do the research first and see if it's cheaper on booking.com / expedia.com instead of using the voucher.

No comments:

Post a Comment