Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Review of Rotana Jet and Abu Dhabi International Airport Terminal 2.

So last Thursday I went to Abu Dhabi. Had to take Rotana Jet cause it was already booked by Daniel few weeks before and well, decided to give them another chance after their disappointing performance the weekend before for my flight from Abu Dhabi to Muscat.

My flight from Muscat was meant to be at 8:45pm. Was told it was going to be on time; Daniel rang Rotana Jet in Abu Dhabi to confirm if there will be any delays AND also the check in sign said it's going to be on time. HOWEVER when I got to the gate around 7:45pm, nothing happened. Then it was 8:15pm. Still nothing.
Then 8:45pm.
The sign at the gate suddenly changed the time to 9:00pm. Without any announcement WHAT-SO-EVER.
Then 9:10pm the doors finally opened and about 25 of us passengers took the bus and went to the small airplane.

We finally took off at 9:30pm. An hour later. WITHOUT ANY NOTICE. Joy.

The flight was OK. Only had one stewardess, and surprisingly was served a chicken sandwich and apple juice despite the short flight.

Then we landed. Took a shuttle bus from the airplane that seem to be giving us a tour of the airport as it took about 10 minutes to finally reach the terminal.

Then. HA. The queue at the terminal 2. Unbelievably LONG. I AM NOT KIDDING. Probably like about 300 people. Not being racist or anything, but 98% of the people queuing were brown... and clueless as each one of them would be asking one another "what's going on" "why queue so long" "why queue not moving". Thankfully I have my nintendo with me, so I decided to spend my queuing time playing Zelda.

45 minutes later and getting through only half the queue, suddenly I had this strange conversation with this white guy who was in another line ahead of me.
Him: "you're still here!"
Me: "Yes I'm still here. Doesn't it look like I'm here?"
Him: "But you're a lady!"
Me: "I'm a bit worried on why you look so surprised about that"
Him: "No, no. That's not what I meant. Families are allowed to cut the queue and go straight to the counter"
Me: "I'm not a family. I mean I'm on my own. No family with me"
Him: "I meant, ladies and families are allowed to cut the queue"
Me: "ANDDD nobody bothered to tell me 45 minutes ago. Great" *I looked back at the back of the queue there were still other ladies. I gave a confused look to the white guy who then lifted the barrier line thingy and signal the custom guy that I'm apparently a lady, who then signal me to go through*

Yes. So after an hour of queuing of not making myself look like a lady despite me wearing pink shirt and pink shoes and long hair and pink handbag, I managed to get through the custom immigration and find Daniel amongst the sea of other brown people.

Verdict: ROTANA JET IS NEVER ON TIME AND TERMINAL 2 ABU DHABI NEEDS A LOT OF WORK. Screw having cheap flights. Its NOT WORTH being pissed and angry and wasting time at that stupid terminal. I rather pay double and not waste my friggin time at queuing for something that takes only 30 seconds to do.

Oh, this time however, the immigration people didn't ask me questions. In fact, we didn't even need to give those immigration cards like the ones we need when landing at Terminal 3 or 1.
The immigration guy did however stamped my entry date as being 7th April instead of 7th May. I don't know how that will affect me in the future, and I hope it doesn't. I still have my boarding pass for future reference, JUST IN CASE.

No comments:

Post a Comment